Every festive season, I remember having adhirasam. It is one of the few sweets which has jaggery. Adhirasam has unique taste which is completely different from any thing you have tasted. People thinks that it takes a lot of effort to make adhirasam but it is very simple. Make adhirasam once, you will find yourself making it frequently.
- 1 kg of raw rice ( or 1 kg of raw rice powder)
- 3/4 kg of jaggery
- 50g of dry ginger
- 5 cardamom
- cooking oil
- wash and soak raw rice for two to three hours.
- Dry it in shade.
- Grind the rice with the dry ginger and cardamom.
- Crush the jaggery into small pieces.
- Add 200 ml of water and boil it. Once the jaggery dissolved completely in the water, filter it. So that we can remove the dirt from it.
- Again boil it continuously and take water in a small bowl and leave some drop of jaggery in to the water. If the jaggery does not dissolve in water, that shows that the melted jaggery is ready.
- Now slowly add the rice powder in small quantities to the melted jaggery. keep stirring them continuously till it becomes jelly consistency.
- Set it aside over night.
- Now make small balls out of it and press them on a plastic or non sticky surface.
- Make a hole in the middle (optional).
- Heat the cooking oil .
- Deep fry them in a slow flame.
- Now the tasty adhirasams are ready.
Try adhirasam for this festive season.