Today morning I have prepared kichadi for my family. When I prepared, I took photos too. Now I want to share with my friends. Lets see how to make ravai kichadi
- 1/4 kg of ravai (Sooji)
- 100 g of green peas
- 100g of carrot
- 100g of beans
- a ladle of cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp of mustard seed
- 4 tsp of bengal gram (channa dal)
- 3 onion
- 3 green chillies
- curry leaves
How to make kichadi:
- Clean, chop the veggies and boil them and keep it aside.
- Dry roast the ravai in a pan till you get the roasted flavour and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seed, bengal gram and curry leaves . Wait till it splutters.
- Add the chopped onions and the chopped green chillies and fry them till turns soft.
- Add the boiled veggies, salt and saute it for three minutes.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Water should be twice the amount of ravai.
- Once the water boiled, add roasted ravai slowly and stir it continuously till the kichadi is done.
- Remove from heat.