Pages

Thursday 27 December 2012

Ravai paniyaram/ Sooji paniyaram/ Ravai sweet balls

Hi friends,
                  Today I'm going to share with you one of the  traditional sweet items of south India. That is rava paniyaram. Rava paniyaram is prepared for all occasions.Usually during festival. Children definitely like this taste. I make rava paniyaram very often. Not only during festivals. Even
during holidays.  Today my son told me to make rava paniyaram.Because we are in christmas holidays. He used to call it sweet balls. I don't want to waste the time. Lets see how to make this sweet ball.




Ingredients:

  • 1/4 kg of rava (Sooji)
  • 1/4 kg of maida (Aata)
  • 1/4 kg of sugar
  • 3 cardamom
  • 2 bananas
  • cooking oil for deep frying
Method:

  • Soak ravai in water for an hour. Ravai should be completely immersed in water.

  • Once the ravai becomes soft and smooth paste, add maida, sugar and cardamom powder.
  • Mix them well without any lumps.


  • Now take two bananas (any variety) and smash it well and add it with the ravai batter.

  • Adjust the water to the required consistency. The batter should be in idli flour consistency.

  • Heat oil in a pan.Reduce the flame. Take the batter by a ladle and leave it in the hot oil.
  • First the batter will immerse completely in to the oil.
  • Then it will come up automatically after half cooked.
  • After it comes up, take next ladle of batter and make another paniyaram.
  • Remember if we make two or three at a time, the paniyarams will stick each other and we will not get the proper shape of it.

Serve it:
     Ravai paniyaram is suitable for evening snack. Serve it hot  and enjoy.

I think today definitely you will try this!



7 comments:

  1. Delicious paniyaram..
    Happy to join your space too,Neela:)
    Thanx for dropping by mine but i couldn't find you on google connect,hope will follow my space publicly :)
    Join EP event-Garlic OR Turmeric @ Spice n Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good paniyaram Neela. Thanks for dropping by my space. Happy to join your space. But I couldn't find you on google connect. Hope you will follow my space publicly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite Paniyaram! Looks yum!

    Thanks for stopping by in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my space. I'm sorry you didn't understand the language. I understand the recipe language but I don't know some of the ingredients which is normal because I imagine they are not sold in my country. Despite of this, I like this sweet recipe. Best regards from Spain.

    ReplyDelete