Maida cakes are sweet snack which are available in the shops of south India. We call it Bombai Lukkady. We can make them at home too. I always like to give my children the home made snacks.Because they are good for our stomach. So very often I make some snacks at home. We can store it for even a week. Lets see how to prepare the Maida cakes.
- all purpose flour / Atta / Maida 250g
- sugar 125 g
- butter / vanaspathi / dalda 25g
- edible oil for deep frying
- Heat vanaspathi in a pan and add it with a bowl of atta.
- Add sugar.
- Sprinkle some water and knead them to a smooth, soft and non sticky dough.
- Let the dough sit for an hour.
- Now place the dough over the rotti roller and roll it evenly.
- Cut them into small pieces like below with the help of a knife.
- Replace the pieces from the rotti roller into a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry these maida pieces in the medium flame till it turns to golden brown.
- Keep the Maida cakes on the paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
- Now the crunchy, sweet and tasty Maida cake is all ready to serve.
- Do not fry all the cake at a time.
- Add little water , when you make the dough.
- We can make any shape of the cake.
- Do not add extra sugar, otherwise the dough will become sticky or watery and the cakes will be hard.
- No need to add baking soda in the dough, as vanaspathi will make the Maida cakes crunchy.
What are you going to prepare for today's evening snack?
Happy blogging. Have a wonderful day.