Pages

Sunday 12 May 2013

How to make Chicken Fry with Mint Leaves / Pudhina Chicken

Chicken Fry With Mint Leaves / Pudhina Chicken
                                   
                                 Sunday is the only one day in which I used to try any new recipe. Every time when I cook chicken, my son used to tell me, try some thing new. Today I made an attempt to fry the chicken with  mint leaves. I came to know this recipe, when I went to my sister's house one day.It was so tasty .The taste and the aroma that I enjoyed is still in my mind.  Not only that mint leaves are very good for our health. So I want to make and share with you. Lets see how to prepare the chicken with mint leaves. That is pudhina chicken.



 Ingredients:
  •  chicken 750g
  • red chilli powder 2tsp
  • coriander powder 2 tsp
  • turmeric powder 1/4 tsp (for cooking)
  • turmeric powder 1 tsp (for cleaning the chicken)
  • 2 ladle of oil
  • salt to taste
For grinding:
  • Mint leaves / Pudhina 1 or 2 cup
  • a piece of ginger
  • garlic 10 nos
  • fennel seed 1 tsp
  • clove 5 or 6
  • a small piece of cinnamon
 Preparation :
  • Grind mint leaves, ginger, garlic, fennel seed, clove and cinnamon in a mixer jar.
  •  Cut the chicken into pieces, mix turmeric powder and wash it thoroughly.
  • Add chill powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt to it.
  •  Marinate the chicken with ground mint leaves, mix them well and keep it aside for an hour.
Cooking Process:
  •  Heat oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken.
  • Close the pan with the lid and cook the chicken for 15 minutes in a slow flame.
  • Now remove the lid and cook till mint gravy binds with the chicken well.
  •  Remove from the heat and serve it.
Note:
  • Two cups of mint leaves can be added with the chicken to get green color chicken fry and also to get the goodness of mint leaves.
Goes well with:
  • Chicken fry with mint leaves can be served with hot rice. It is a suitable side dish for roti, puri and dosa. I prefer to mix it with the hot rice.

Happy cooking!

15 comments: