Here it is mango season. Everywhere we can see mangoes in the market. Its so cheap also,when we compare the price of the mango with the other seasons. Usually my mom prepares some pickles or thokku. So I thought of making a variety rice with the mangoes.It came out well.Its a simple recipe . We can make it very quickly. So we may prepare Mango Rice when we do not have much time to cook or when we feel lazy. The taste of the Mango rice is little bit sour. This tangy taste mostly liked by the lemon rice lovers. Lets check out the recipe now.
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Serves: 2 persons
- Raw mango 1 (scrapped mango 1 cup)
- Steamed rice
- Cooking oil 5 tsp
- Mustard seed 1/2 tsp
- Split black gram 1 tsp
- Bengal gram 2 tsp
- Dry red chilli 1
- Green chilli 2
- Few cashew nuts
- A spring of curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash the raw mango.
- Scrape it with the scrapper and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seed and let it splutter.
- Then add split black gram and bengal gram and fry them to golden brown.
- Add the broken red chilli , the split green chillies, cashew nuts, turmeric powder and the curry leaves one after another and saute them continuously for two minutes.
- Add the scrapped mango and salt to it . No need to cook for a long time, as it will spoil the flavor of the rice.
- Now add the steamed rice and mix them very gently till the mango mixture coated on the rice well.
- Remove from the heat.
- The tangy and the tasty mango rice is ready to serve.
- Mango Rice goes well with the potato fry, Yam fry or any veggie fry
- The quantity of mango depends on the sour taste of the mango we select for the rice. I added one cup because its so sour. If it not we may add two cups also.
- Instead of oil we may use ghee also. Using the seasame oil ( gingelly oil) adds the taste of the Mango Rice.
- Adjust the number of chilli as per your wish.